The cause of the fire is not immediately known, but residents suspect it could be as a result of a burning candle which triggered the inferno reducing everything into ashes.
Fire service personnel had a difficulty accessing the area mainly occupied by persons of northern extraction partly because it is not properly demarcated and fire tenders could not also drive through.
No causality has been recorded at the time of visit by our news team.
As at press time, officials of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) from the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA) were yet to visit the scene of fire in order to assess the extent of damage caused to property.
Victims of the fire are however appealing to the public and benevolent organizations to come to their aid.